QUANTEL LASER, SOLID-STATE LASER SOLUTION
Founded in 1970, Quantel Laser designs, develops and manufactures pulsed solid-state lasers for industrial, scientific and military markets.
Different technologies for numerous applications
Thanks to a policy that revolves around research, development and innovation, Quantel Laser offers products made using the latest technology for numerous applications:
- Repairing flat panel display,
- PIV (Particle Image Velocimetry), to measure the flow velocity of fluids,
- LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy), used to analyze the composition of a surface,
- LIDAR, an optical radar that measures wind or the level of pollution in the atmosphere,
- Military: range finders, target designators,
- Marking, etc.
A large range of lasers has been developed to meet the market's requirements. It includes:
- Pulsed solid-state laser sources (Nd:YAG, Nd:YLF and Nd:Glass)
- Fiber lasers, suited to the industrial marking market or to the scientific market (Atom Cooling)
- Tunable dye lasers
- High power laser diodes
Finally, Quantel provides custom laser solutions to meet the customer's precise specifications.
All these systems are sold in France, Germany and the USA directly from prestigious research laboratories and industrial integrators.
With a network of over 30 distributors worldwide, Quantel Laser has a global presence in over 110 countries.
The technologies acquired by Quantel since its creation have allowed us to research and develop new laser systems as part of large national and international projects. Quantel also develops specific sources for manufacturing groups worldwide.
Space / Aerospace Projects:
- Quantel has been involved in the ESA's (European Space Agency) space programs for over 20 years.
- For the ALADIN and ATLID/LIDAR programs: Quantel is developing the main diode-pumped power amplifier systems and supplying long lifetime pumping diodes stacks.
- Quantel has been chosen by NASA as the supplier for their LOLA (Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter) program, launched in 2009.
- Quantel diodes have also equipped the "Chemcam" LIBS laser for NASA's MSL09 mission, on Mars since 2011 (see our sidebar).
- Quantel has developed and supplied a network of integrated optical components for sub-marine safety in coastal and port areas as part of the ATOS project, in partnership with Thales Underwater Systems.
- Quantel has developed and manufactures lasers for target designation and airborne telemetry.
- Quantel manufactures diode IR illuminators, delivering a beam in the range of 800 to 900 nm for active zone surveillance. The illumination can be made in CW and QCW modes.
- Megajoule contract, signed with the CEA (French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission): Quantel is playing a major role by supplying 80 pre-amplification laser modules (PAM).
Commitment to Quality and Proximity
Quantel offers the latest technological innovations to guarantee the quality of its products and the mastery of their manufacturing process.
Technical training sessions for the use and maintenance of the lasers are organized regularly. They are open to all our customers.
To improve this technical support, and as part of the ISO 9001-2008 certification, Quantel regularly collects feedback from its customers in order to be as successful as possible.